Sedona Ascension Retreat
March 8-10, 2024
Sedona Mystical Experiences LLC/dba Sedona Mystical Tours; Suzanne Ross Transcendence, LLC
Participant Release of Liability and Assumption of Risks Agreement
Each person who participates (“Participant”) in an Outdoor Journey (referred to herein as “Experience”) provided through the Sedona Ascension Retreat is required to read and sign this Participant Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement (referred to herein as the Agreement.)
Each Participant agrees to hold harmless Sedona Mystical Experiences, LLC/doing business as Sedona Mystical Tours, Suzanne Ross Transcendence, LLC, and Sedona Ascension Retreat, their companies, officers, directors, owner, guides, independent contractors, staff, facilitators, volunteers, trainees, instructors, and representatives (jointly hereinafter referred to as “the Releasees”) as provided herein.
Each Participant understand that Releasees cannot ensure the safety of any Participant in any Experience. In consideration for participating in any outdoor excursion, tour, or experience including but not limited to: vortex hikes, yoga, meditation, healing, coaching sessions, readings, or other services offered by Releasees, I agree to the following terms:
- I understand that during my participation in the Experience, I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, which are inherent in each excursion and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the experience. These risks are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death. Releasees have not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks.
- I know that injuries and damages can occur by natural causes or activities of animals, insects, plants, Participants, Releasees or other persons or parties, either as a result of negligence or other reasons.
- I understand the inherent risks and hazards associated with any outdoor activity and that Releasees will act in good faith, but do not guarantee my safety. I am responsible for my own wellbeing and safety through making my own decisions in what to do with such hazards.
- I freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such injuries and damages and agree to accept personal responsibility for my own safety and the safety of any minors accompanying me.
Each Participant understands that during the Experience there may not be rescue or medical facilities or expertise necessary to deal with the injuries and damages to which he or she may be exposed. In consideration for participating in the Experience, I understand and agree to the following terms:
- I will notify Releasees of any medical concern that may affect my participation in the Experience including my physical, mental, and emotional health.
- I understand there will be physical activity that may involve walking on uneven surfaces, variable grades and terrain, exposure to cliffs and loose rocks. I certify that I have not been advised by a qualified medical person to avoid participating in the Experience.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for my own healing and physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being and will not hold Releasees liable or accountable for my past, present, or future physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual state. I agree to manage and implement any guidance provided by Releasees during the Experience in any area of my life at my discretion. I understand that any advice, opinion, or guidance offered by Releasees during the Experience is not a substitute for psychotherapy or treatment for a mental disorder and not to otherwise be used as psychotherapy or medical advice.
Each Participant acknowledges his or her participation in the Experience is at the sole discretion of the Releasees and that Releasees retain the right to deny participation in the Experience service without explanation or prior notice. In consideration for participating in the Experience, I understand and agree to the following terms:
- I agree that the Releasees may record, photograph, or otherwise capture my likeness, voice, images, interviews, and statements made, and hereby assign Sedona Mystical Experiences LLC /dba Sedona Mystical Tours, Suzanne Ross Transcendence, LLC, and Sedona Ascension Retreat, all rights and titles to have and to use royalty free, any portion of my participation for documentary, informational, training, advertising, marketing, or other promotional purposes.
- The Experience begins and ends at the location(s) designated by Releasees. The Experience does not include carpooling, transportation, or transit to and from the Experience. I understand I am personally responsible for all risks associated with my travel to and from the Experience.
- If I decide to leave during the Experience prior to its conclusion, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave and waive all liability against Releasee arising from my decision.
- If I decide to remain at the Experience site after the conclusion of the Experience, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave and waive all liability against Releasee arising from my decision.
To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY Releasees from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from any expense, damages, and injuries including death, or that my next of kin may suffer resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Experience due to any cause whatsoever including negligence or breach of contract. I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS Releases from any claims, damages, injuries, or losses caused by my own negligence while a participant on the Experience. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release of liability is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me on the Experience.
This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
By signing below, I agree that I am a Participant and have read and understand this Agreement in its entirety.
Date: October 4, 2023