Consent Agreements & Waiver of Liability
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT.
This section must be completed by a legal parent/guardian, even if a youth has already turned 18.
AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION
I ("Guardian") grant my permission for my legal dependent ("Youth"), named in the "Participant Information" section of this form, to travel to and from and to participate in Westminster Presbyterian Church trips and activities, under the direction of the Westminster Session, staff, and volunteer youth advisors, from September 1, 2023 to August 31, 2024.
I grant my permission for Westminster staff or designated adult chaperones to transport my Youth for youth trips and activities. All activities will follow the Child Protection Policy set forth by Westminster Presbyterian Church.
AGREEMENT FOR MEDIA RELEASE
I grant my permission for Westminster staff or designated adult volunteers to photograph and film my Youth during Westminster activities and trips, understanding that my Youth's image may be used in promotional materials or otherwise published in print or digital form.
If I wish to revoke this media permission, I will directly email Youth Pastor Olivia (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Program Assistant Jessica Thurnes (email@example.com) to formally revoke permission and specify any additional requirements.
AGREEMENT FOR CONTACT IN MINISTRY
I grant my permission for Westminster staff or designated adult volunteers to contact my Youth by mail, email, phone, texting, and/or official WPC social media accounts as needed in their ministry to my Youth. All communication will continue to abide by the Westminster Child Protection Policy and follow the direction of the Westminster Session, pastors, and staff. Additionally, no Westminster staff or volunteers will participate in image or video messaging with any Youth over social media (e.g. Snapchat).
If I wish to revoke this contact permission, I will directly email Youth Pastor Olivia and specify how Youth staff and/or volunteers should communicate with my Youth.
AGREEMENT FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT
As this Youth's legal guardian, if I cannot be contacted in the event of injury, illness, or medical emergency, I hereby authorize the Westminster staff and chaperones to procure any medical attention they consider necessary and expedient for my Youth.
I agree to pay for all expenses incurred for medical attention given to Youth while participating in any Westminster Presbyterian Church-sponsored activity.
I understand that it is my/our responsibility to provide medical coverage for Youth and agree to notify Westminster and relevant staff if and when our medical coverage changes.
I understand that Westminster staff and volunteers reserve the right to restrict my Youth from any activity that they feel is not within their physical, mental, or emotional capabilities at a given time.
AGREEMENT TO WAIVE LIABILITY
Westminster Presbyterian Church (hereafter referred to as "WPC"), 2701 Cameron Mills Road, Alexandria, Virginia, 22302, is a non-profit church organization and a member church of the Presbyterian Church (USA). The undersigned ("Guardian") is the parent or legal guardian(s) of ("Youth") and desires the Youth to participate in programs and activities sponsored by WPC Youth Ministry.
For WPC to permit the participation of the Youth in such programs, I hereby agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge that there are potential dangers in participating in all programs sponsored by the WPC Youth Ministry, including traveling to and from mission sites and working at mission sites. Thus, I agree that my Youth participate at Youth's own risk and assume full responsibility for personal injury and property damage sustained by the Youth while participating in such programs.
2. I will not hold liable Westminster Session, pastors, directors, employees, youth advisors, chaperones, volunteers, or other agents ("Released Parties"), and I will hold them harmless for any claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or cause of actions by others in the course of or resulting from my Youth's participation in WPC events and activities.
3. I hereby expressly forever release and discharge Released Parties from all such claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or causes of action, and from all acts of passive or active negligence on the part of Released Parties.
4. I agree, on my behalf and on behalf of the Youth, not to sue or make a claim against the released parties for injury, damage, or loss sustained as a result of the Youth's participation in the Westminster trips or activities. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from all claims, judgments, and costs, including attorney's fees, incurred in connection with any action brought by or on behalf of the Youth and/or the undersigned Guardian.
5. WPC strongly recommends that Guardian and Youth consult their health/medical insurance policy to determine whether they have adequate health and medical coverage. For international trips, WPC strongly recommends purchasing short-term travel insurance.
6. The foregoing agreements shall extend to all programs and activities of Westminster Presbyterian Church Youth Ministry from September 1, 2023 through August 31, 2024.
By signing this waiver, I certify that I have carefully read these agreements & this liability waiver, and hereby agree to their terms.
December 6, 2023