WAIVER OF LIABILITY
As in all shooting sports, there is the possibility of material deflection off trees, targets or stands, barricades, shooting benches, and other solid objects on the shooting course. Likewise, pieces of clay targets (and even whole targets) may fall near or even strike the shooter. For these reasons, the use of protective shooting glasses and ear protection is required.
I understand the inherent risks involved in recreational sport shooting, and by my signature, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, and HOLD HARMLESS Hyatt Farms Shooting Complex LLC, its employees, and volunteers (hereinafter referred to as “HFSC”), Hyatt Coin & Gun Inc. and its employees (hereinafter referred to as “HCG”), Larry Hyatt/Terry Hyatt individually and their immediate families (hereinafter “PROPERTY OWNERS”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by my person, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in the Shooting Sports to be held on the property of the PROPERTY OWNERS located in Burnsville, North Carolina.
I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with participating in the EVENT, including the risk of physical injury, disability, or death. I am voluntarily participating in said activity and am entering onto said premises to engage in such activity. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH that may be sustained, or any loss or damage to property as a result of being engaged in the EVENT.
I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS “HFSC”, “HCG”, and PROPERTY OWNERS from any loss, liability, damage or costs that I may incur due to participation in there EVENT.
It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family, my spouse (if any), and my heirs, assignees and personal representatives, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, AND DISCHARGE of “HFSC”, “HCG” and PROPERTY OWNERS. I/we hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina.
I understand that neither “HFSC”, “HCG” nor PROPERTY OWNERS will be responsible for any medical costs associated with any injury arising from participating in the EVENT.
I further agree to become familiar with the rules and regulations (verbal or written) of the EVENT. I will further assume complete risk of any activity done in violation of any rule, directive, or instructions.
I certify that I am not a Prohibited Person as described by federal law, nor am I addicted to illegal drugs, and therefore able to possess a firearm.
I understand that I am signing this Waiver of Liability on behalf of the minor children listed on the bottom of this form.
I understand that by signing this document, I consent to become a Social Member of HFSC and this document serves as an application to join HFSC. This document does not constrain me from becoming a Sporting Clays Member or Pistol and Rifle Member if I so choose.
SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it, and no statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am/are fully competent and I execute this Release for full, adequate, and complete consideration (including without limitation participating in the EVENT), fully intending to be bound by same.
Under North Carolina law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism location if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of the agritourism activity. Inherent risks of agritourism activities include, among others, risks of injury inherent to land, equipment, and animals, as well as the potential for you to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity.
RANGE SAFE-USE RULES
ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use
1. The Three Firearm Safety Rules will be followed AT ALL TIMES.
2. At times, private events may be scheduled on certain ranges. Only invited members are allowed to participate in private events.
3. All vehicles shall be parked in the designated parking areas and maintain safe, slow driving while aboard Hyatt Farms Shooting Complex.
4. The Range Safety Officer has the final say on all matters aboard the range.
5. Members and guests of the Hyatt Farms Shooting Complex are required to check-in at the Pro-Shop prior to entering a range to receive any safety instructions from the Range Staff.
6. Members and guests of the Hyatt Farms Shooting Complex are required to check-OUT at the Pro-Shop prior to departing for the day. Any open tabs or bills will be charged to the card on file with a 20% gratuity added.
7. Targets may be purchased at the Pro-Shop. Non-paper targets (bottles, cans or balloons) are not authorized on the range. It is each shooter’s responsibility to clean up their own target prior to leaving.
8. Steel targets are subject to caliber limitations. .300 Winchester Magnum is the largest rifle caliber allowed on steel at the rifle range. Straight walled, non-magnum, pistol cartridges are allowed on steel at the pistol range. If you are unsure, ask the RSO.
9. Exercise extra caution not to accidentally discharge guns in the direction of range property,
range signs, and stationary furniture. Impacts on the property will incur a substantial repair fee.
10. All shooting can only be done from the firing line.
11. Rifle cartridges, AR or AK pistols can be fired on the pistol range but must be checked in with the RSO prior to shooting.
12. Offhand, sitting, and prone shooting of centerfire rifles are only allowed on the rifle range in allocated bench positions assigned by the RSO.
13. All rifles and pistols must have sights and must be used. Lasers do not count.
14. To fire on the 600-Yard Rifle Range, you must first demonstrate an accurate zero by accurately shooting at least 3 of 5 rounds at the 100-yard steel target. Failure to hit 3 of 5 rounds will require that rifle be re-zeroed on the 50-yard pistol/rifle range.
15. Steel core, armor-piercing, tracer, incendiary or other types of ammunition that will cause damage to the range are PROHIBITED. As a rule of thumb, If the projectile of your ammunition attracts a magnet, it is prohibited.
16. Police up your brass and spent caps when finished shooting. All targets are to be removed from downrange when finished shooting
17. All shooters and spectators on the firing lines and staging areas must wear ear and eye protection. Safety ear and eyewear are available for purchase at the Pro-Shop.
18. ALL firearms must be unloaded, cased, or have a chamber flag inserted when taken to and from the firing line.
19. When a "Cease Fire" is called by an RSO, stop all shooting and wait for instruction from the RSO. Do not manipulate your firearm or ammunition, there may be an unsafe situation you are not aware of.
20. NO firearms are to be handled or moved until the RSO gives a Hot Range command. All firearms in need of cleaning or repair during a "Cease Fire" must move to a designated repair area as identified by the RSO.
21. Firing in a careless or uncontrolled manner will not be tolerated. Fully automatic fire or binary triggers must be checked in to the RSO prior to shooting and will be allowed at the RSO’s discretion.
22. Cross-draw holsters and suspender holsters are prohibited. Drawing from a holster may be approved by an RSO prior to shooting, but in limited circumstances.
22. No loaded firearms are allowed on the Hyatt Farm Shooting Complex property other than on the Firing Line under a Hot Range condition. The only exception is persons who are legally concealed carrying a firearm or Range Staff.
23. RSO commands and range rules must be accepted at this range.
24. All children under 18 must be under adult supervision at all times while on the range property. Any adult supervising a child will not be allowed to shoot on the range.
25. The minimum age to shoot on the range by one's self is 18 for rifle/shotgun and 21 for a handgun.
26. The RSO on duty will be equipped with first aid supplies, basic tools, and radio for communications with other RSO and the Pro-Shop.
27. Keep your area used clean - the RSO will enforce this. Please respect the equipment and clean up your area when you are through shooting. If you move something, PUT IT BACK. If you break something, REPORT IT so it can be repaired for future use. If you make a mess - CLEAN IT UP.
28. Pictures, video and/or audio may be taken aboard this range and used for social media or marketing purposes.
I have read, understood, and will follow all range rules.
I have watched the safety video provided in the Hyatt Farms Pro Shop in its entirety and understand the range and safety rules discussed in this video.
PROTECTIVE GEAR REQUIREMENTS
Hearing protection and eye protection are required in the vicinity of all firing lines. Use of D-Lead or similar products is required after shooting or prior to eating.
MEDICAL CONDITION WARNING
I understand, whether or not in actual use, gun ranges pose risks that can result in many forms of damage or injury caused by the equipment, other users and even environmental risks including but not limited to sound and air and chemical pollutants all of which are part of the normal shooting sports range environment. If you are pregnant, suffer from respiratory problems, visual impairments, are susceptible to loud noises and even metal allergies. YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR PRIOR TO ENGAGING IN ACTIVITIES INVOLVING EXPOSURE TO LEAD OR LOUD NOISES OR ANY OF THE OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES LISTED ABOVE.
Refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, applying makeup, or otherwise placing hands in proximity to the mouth or nose while on the range or cleaning a gun. Wash your hands and face with cold water after leaving the range or cleaning area before eating, or drinking. There are D-Lead products in the bathrooms near the Pro-Shop and Diner. Change and wash clothing after a shooting or a cleaning session to minimize exposure to airborne particulate lead or solvent and cleaning product residues.
Damage to any property, either intentional or accidental, will result in a property damage reimbursement equivalent to the cost of repairs and loss of business. An example of fees to be added to the bill, tab, or collected by other means:
Shooting steel with unauthorized caliber- $50/round
Striking Fixed Structure (Wood)- $100/round
Striking Fixed Structure (Metal)- $150/round
*$1000 minimum fee for excessive or intentional damage
Water Tower $35,000 (plus any additional fines or fees incurred by Hyatt Farms or the county)
Damage to a golf cart due to negligence, improper use, speeding, horseplay, or overloading will be charged as a total loss if the vehicle is unable to be repaired by HFSC staff, immediately. The user, signer, guardian, adult, or otherwise competent adult will be responsible for the damage fee even if they were not driving. DRIVE RESPONSIBLY.
BY SIGNING ELECTRONICALLY, I AM AGREEING TO ALL TERMS LISTED IN THIS WAIVER