General Liability Release
By completing the registration form below, I hereby waive all claims at any time and all claims that might otherwise be made by, or on behalf of, or on account of me, or by any person or entity in any way as my subrogee against California Urban Forests Council (CaUFC) and partnering organizations, their officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, members, guests, commissioners, supervisors, invitees, and any person who would be lawfully entitled to indemnification from any of them for liability to, or on behalf of, or on account of the signer, for any injuries or damages of any kinds whatsoever arising on account of, or in consequence of, my activities in the workshop or participation in the workshop and/or tree planting or in any way related to the tree planting. I further agree to hold all parties safe and harmless from any expense for defense, settlement, payment of damages, or other expenses relating in any way to injuries sustained by me in any way related to the or the UGCW (PROP 1 GRANT) tree planting event. I recognize and assume all risks and dangers involved in my participation and will not under any circumstances rely upon the care, attention, or assurances of anyone other than myself for matters relating to my safety.
I authorize California Urban Forests Council (CaUFC) and Partners, event sponsors, and partnering cities permission to take photographs or videos of me that may be used and published in either print or electronic media. I authorize the above-named organizations, companies, event sponsors, or cities to provide event photos, videos, or electronic media (including social media) that may include my image to commercial entities for use in promoting their participation and support of the event(s). I authorize CaUFC and partnering organizations, event sponsors, and participating cities to publish their name(s) for any lawful purposes such as publicity materials, media releases, social media, and advertising.
COVID-19 Safety Information
Face coverings must be worn at all times, and “social distancing” must be practiced to reduce the risk of COVID-19 while participating in events held under the UGCW (PROP 1 GRANT). However, the UGCW (PROP 1 GRANT) program cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
Individuals who fall within the categories below should NOT attend UGCW (PROP 1 GRANT) program events. By attending this event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, among others. Please visit the CDC webpage for a list of SYMPTOMS.
- Individuals who have traveled at any point in the last fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the US that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatments.
*The UGCW (PROP 1 GRANT) program will abide by local CDC, state, and local guidelines for any changes related to COVID-19 restrictions and protocols.
Duty to Self-Monitor
Participants and volunteers agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and contact UGCW (PROP 1 GRANT) Project Coordinators (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating or volunteering with CaUFC.
Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk
I acknowledge that I am willingly engaging in this event (the “Arbor Day”). I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to infectious diseases such as COVID-19. While CaUFC has rules in place to reduce the risk, the risk still exists.
- I knowingly assume all such risks, even if arising out of negligence or fault of the CaUFC and its partners.
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with Arbor Day, including any injury, harm, and loss caused by negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Partners.
By signing below, I agree to all terms and conditions, waivers, and releases included on this webpage and pertaining to this UGCW (PROP 1 GRANT).