Sunshine RV Rental Waiver
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability:
- Renter acknowledges that operating an RV involves certain risks and hazards, including but not limited to the risk of accidents, property damage, and personal injury. Renter voluntarily assumes all such risks and agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Owner, its agents, employees, and representatives from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, or liability arising out of or related to the rental, operation, or use of the RV.
- Renter agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, costs, and expenses (including attorney fees) arising out of or related to the Renter's use or operation of the RV.
Condition of the RV:
- Renter acknowledges that the RV is in good working condition and has been inspected by the Renter prior to rental. The Renter is responsible to do an inventory prior to rental. Renter agrees to return the RV in the same condition, ordinary wear and tear excepted, as received at the beginning of the rental term.
- Any damages resulting from willful damage, negligence or illegal acts are not covered. Cancellations due to health, weather or natural disasters are not included with you RV insurance.
- The renter is responsible for the costs of a deductible should the renter get in a vehicle accident.
- In the event of any damage to the RV during the rental period not subject to an insurance claim, Renter shall be responsible for the repair costs.
Rental Charges and Security Deposit:
- Renter agrees to pay the rental charges as specified in the rental agreement and to provide a security deposit in the amount of $2000. The security deposit will be refunded to the Renter within 3 business days after the return of the RV, minus any deductions for damages, losses, or additional charges incurred during the rental period. The damage deposit must be completed using a credit card.
- This Waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the British Columbia without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
- This Waiver constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations, and agreements, whether oral or written.
By signing below, the Parties acknowledge that they have read and understood this RV Rental Waiver and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
February 29, 2024
Rules & Operating Policy for Rental RV
- The renter must be at least [minimum age] years old and possess a valid driver's license.
- The rental check in time is no earlier than 3:30 pm unless specifically arranged with Sunshine staff.
The RV is rented stationery and not to be driven however, if given special permission to drive the RV, the following rules apply.
- Only the renter and authorized additional drivers listed on the rental agreement are allowed to operate the RV.
- The renter must follow all traffic laws, including speed limits and seatbelt regulations.
- The renter should not operate the RV under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any impairing substances.
Care and Maintenance:
- Sunshine will provide the RV in working condition. In the event that there is equipment or mechanical failure, Sunshine will complete the repair as quickly as possible. The renter is responsible for maintaining proper care and maintenance of the RV during the rental period.
- The renter will be instructed by Sunshine staff on how to safely and properly operate all interior appliances and equipment including the fridge, stove, generator, slides (if applicable), toilets etc.
- Renters agree not to flush any foreign objects in the toilet including feminine products of any kind as they are not RV septic system friendly. Service calls for plugged toilets will be charged at $100/hour.
- The renter should note and observe any appliance, equipment or interior mechanical malfunction and advise Sunshine immediately.
- The renter should promptly report any mechanical issues or damages to the rental company.
- The renter is responsible for any issues or damages caused by negligence including not operating the RVv as has been instructed which will include charges of $100/hour if service is required.
- The RV has a smoke/CO2 alarm. In the event they go off, the Renter should vacate the RV assess the cause, call authorities if necessary and contact Sunshine.
Smoking and Pet Policy:
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the RV. Any evidence of smoking will result in additional cleaning fees.
- Unless explicitly permitted by the rental company, pets are not allowed inside the RV. Unauthorized pet presence may result in additional cleaning fees.
- Consumption of cannabis on the Property of SHVL is not allowed. Cannabis must not be consumed in the RV. Cannabis must not be consumed in the presence of minors.
- The maximum number of occupants cannot not exceed the sleeping capacity specified for the RV (8).
- The renter should ensure that all passengers are properly seated and wearing seatbelts while the RV is in motion.
- The renter should not engage in any illegal activities while using the RV.
- Climbing on the roof of the RV is strictly prohibited.
- Use of candles, open flames, or any other hazardous materials inside the RV is not allowed.
- All Renters and their guests must observe noise by-laws in effect which include quiet times between 11pm and 7am.
Return of the RV:
- The renter must return the RV on or before 11 am unless arranged otherwise with Sunshine staff. Late fees of $150/hour for every hour late will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- The RV returned in a condition other than described below will result in additional charges. The RV must be returned in a clean and tidy condition. All dishes, silverware, utensils, pots and pans must be accounted for, washed, dried and put back in their proper place. All food items must be removed from the cabinets and the refrigerator. Either take these items home with you or leave with a Sunshine Marina staff member for proper disposal.
- Upon checkout inspection of the RV, clients will be charged for any lost inventory and will be deducted from the damage deposit. If anything was broken or lost accidentally, please let us know.
- All trash should be bagged and placed in either the provided bin or in the green bins on sunshine property. Sunshine provides several bags for trash (black), recycles (blue) and deposit recyclables (clear). Failure to properly dispose of these items will result in a $100 sorting fee.
- The renter is responsible for refueling the RV with the same fuel level as at the start of the rental period. Failure to do so will result in additional refueling charges if applicable.
Cleaning and Damages:
- The renter should return the RV in a reasonably clean with dishes done and away. Excessive cleaning required may result in additional cleaning fees at a rate of $100/hour.
- The renter will be held responsible for any damages to the RV, including interior, exterior, and equipment damages, occurring during the rental period.
- Any fines, penalties, or legal violations incurred during the rental period are the renter's responsibility.
Limitation of Liability:
- The rental company shall not be held liable for any accidents, damages, losses, injuries, or expenses arising from the renter's use of the RV.
- The renter acknowledges that the rental company is not responsible for any personal belongings left in the RV during or after the rental period.
Reservation and Cancellation Policy:
- Reservations are subject to availability and are confirmed upon receipt of payment or deposit.
- Cancellations made 20 days before the rental start date will receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee.
- No-shows or early returns will not be eligible for refunds.
I have read and understand the rental agreement, its terms and conditions together with the guidelines, rules, policies and regulations issued for the RV rental and I agree to be bound by all of them (the “Rules”) and I agree to enforce the Rules against those persons I permit to use the RV from time to time (the “Passengers”).
The rules are solely for the purpose of regulating the RV rental and it remains the sole responsibility of me to be the Renter of the RV and, accordingly, govern myself and the guests in such a manner to be responsible for my own safety and the safety of my guests.
I am aware of the risks inherent in this RV rental, in particular and without limitation.
February 29, 2024