Injury waiver and release of liability
“The Facility” means the cycle track and bicycle park at YMCA Newark and Sherwood
I acknowledge that this bicycle park is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for serious personal injury, property loss and death. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, man-made structures, temperature, lack of hydration, weather, equipment, vehicular traffic, and the actions of other people, including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches and/or builders of the park. These risks are not only inherent to athletes, but are also present for volunteers.
I acknowledge that this Injury Waiver and Liability Release form (IWLR) will be used by YMCA Newark and Sherwood, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at their Facility.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate at this park, I hereby agree on behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained to participate and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
(B) I accept and assume all of the risks which exist in the activities offered. I also confirm that I choose to participate being fully aware of these risks, and that my participation is voluntary.
(C) I expressly agree to accept responsibility for all risks existing and inherent in any of the activities from time to time, and acknowledge that my participation in the activity is voluntary and that I am fully aware of the risks. As a result of participating I agree to accept any consequences except for death or personal injury caused by YMCA Newark and Sherwood’s negligence and/or breach of statutory duty.
(D) To the maximum extent permitted by law but subject to the non-excludable consumer guarantees implied pursuant to UK Consumer Law, in no circumstances will YMCA Newark and Sherwood, YMCA Robin Hood Group, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, event holders, event sponsors, event directors, or event volunteers be liable in respect of any claim for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, including without limitation personal injury, financial loss, or for any punitive, exemplary, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statute or statutory duty or breach of any consumer guarantees
(E) I agree to indemnify the entities or persons mentioned in paragraph D from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions at the Facility.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and or illness at the park. I understand that at YMCA Newark and Sherwood, I may be photographed. I agree to the use of all my photo, film, video or film likeness for legitimate purpose by YMCA, sponsors, organisers and/ or assigns.
This IWLR shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. I hereby certify that I have read this document and I understand its content.
PARENT/GUARDIAN WAIVER FOR MINORS (Under 18 years old): I agree that this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement is made on behalf of the below named minor and that all of the releases, waivers and promises contained in these conditions are binding on that minor participant. I also confirm that I have full authority as parent or legal guardian to agree to their participation in the activities and to bind them to this agreement.
Riders must wear a helmet conforming to British Standards at all times when riding a bike anywhere at the Facility
Riders Code of Conduct
“YMCA” means YMCA Newark and Sherwood
- Arrive for the session in good time to prepare properly
- Pay the required fees when requested
- Arrive with a working bike in a safe condition, with handlebar ends capped
- Not use motorbikes, scooters or skateboards on the tracks
- Respect YMCA’s equipment and others around myself during training and competition
- Always wear a cycle helmet when cycling, without exception
- Wear suitable clothing for all cycling activity sessions, and consider additional safety equipment such as gloves, elbow/knee pads etc.
- Warm up and cool down properly on all occasions
- Only use the cycle facility when supervised by YMCA staff and/or volunteers
- Play within the rules of the track and respect YMCA staff and officials and all their decisions
- Be a good sport by applauding all good performances
- Control my temper – verbal abuse of YMCA staff, officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting/provoking another cyclist is not acceptable or permitted behaviour
- Work equally hard for myself and my club – remember, both myself and my club will benefit from my behaviour
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- Not smoke on YMCA premises
- Not consume alcohol or illegal drugs of any kind on YMCA premises
- Treat all participants in cycling as I would like to be treated – not bullying or taking unfair advantage of another participant
- Co-operate with my coaches, YMCA staff and other riders – remember, without them there would be no competition
- Thank YMCA staff and/or officials after sessions
- Help to maintain the club’s facilities be that the track or the hire equipment, and return any hire equipment in the state I received it in
Parent/Carer/Guardians Code of Conduct
- Inform YMCA of any specific health requirements or medical conditions of my child in advance of the coaching session by completion of a Youth Registration Form
- Advise YMCA if my child has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than a parent/carer, giving details of the arrangement including the name of the person who will be collecting my child, on which dates and at what time
- Ensure my child is wearing suitable kit) and clothing for all cycling activity sessions
- Ensure that my child is wearing their helmet for all cycling activity sessions, without exception
- Encourage my child to learn the rules and play within them
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with YMCA staff, officials and/or other participants
- Help my child to recognise good performance, not just results
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all
- Never punish or abuse a child for losing or making mistakes
- Publicly accept staff/officials decisions and teach children to do likewise
- Support my child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport
- Use correct and proper language at all times
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not mine
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- Show appreciation and respect for YMCA Staff, coaches, officials and administrators. Remember without them, my child could not participate