d/b/a SCHRADER’S OUTDOORS
(Hunting, 3-D Archery, Digital Dart System, Sporting Clays and/or Shooting Range)
1. Persons aged 18 and over, complete Part A only.
2. Persons under age 18 must have a parent or guardian complete Part A with their information and Part B with the person under age 18 name and a parent or guardian signature.
Part A- Assumption of Risk, Consent and Release from Liability
I hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in HUNTING, 3-D ARCHERY, THE DIGITAL DART SYSTEM, SPORTING CLAYS AND/OR SHOOTING RANGE. I AM AWARE THAT 3-D ARCHERY, THE DIGITAL DART SYSTEM, SPORTING CLAYS AND/OR SHOOTING RANGE IS A HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY AND IAM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THESE ACTIVITIES WITHKNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED AND HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH.
As lawful consideration for being permitted by SCHRADER’S LLC, d/b/a SCHRADER’S OUTDOORS, KENNETH P. SCHRADER (collectively “SCHRADERS”), and the owner/operator of the land to participate in these activities and to use their facilities, I hereby agree that I, my heirs, distributes, guardians, legal representatives and assigns will not make a claim against, sue, or prosecute SCHRADER’S, and/or the members/owners/operators of the land where the activities take place, or their respective employees, agents or contractors and insurance companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Releasees”), for any and all claims, including but not limited to, injury, illness, loss of property, or damage resulting from the negligence or other acts, however caused, by said persons as a result of my participation in HUNTING, 3-D ARCHERY, THE DIGITAL DART SYSTEM, SPORTING CLAYS AND/OR SHOOTING RANGE or my entry upon their land.
In addition, I hereby release and discharge the Releasees and agree to indemnify and hold them harmless from all actions, claims or demands which I, my heirs, distributes, guardians, legal representatives, or assigns now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my participation in the above-mentioned activities.
Schrader’s LLC shall have the right to use my name, voice, picture and likeness (“my likeness”) in connection with my use of Schrader’s facilities and services for advertising and publicizing of its business without additional compensation therefor. I hereby grant to Schrader’s LLC and to its assigns, and services for advertising and publicizing of its business without additional compensation therefor. I hereby grant to Schrader’s LLC and to its assignees, and successors-in-interest all rights of every kind and character whatsoever, throughout the universe, in perpetuity in and to my likeness, and hereby authorize Schrader’s LLC to photograph and record (on film, tape, or otherwise), my use and to license others to use such recordings and photographs in any manner or media whatsoever, including, without limitation, unrestricted use for purposes of publicity, advertising and sales promotion; and to use my likeness or other information concerning me in connection with advertising and publicity and for any other purpose. Schrader’s LLC may display my likeness on its website.
By Participating in the specified activities, I agree to observe in spirit and practice the following conditions for participation from the outset to the conclusion of my active participation:
1. I currently have no know physical or mental condition that would impair my capability for full participation as intended and expected of me.
2. I understand and appreciate that participation in Hunting, 3-D Archery, Digital Dart System Sporting Clays and Shooting Range, despite all reasonable precautions implemented for my safety as a participant, carries a risk of serious injury, including death. I also understand and appreciate that controlling that risk is a responsibility that, as a participant, I must share. Consequently, unless I have expressed a participation safety concern to an appropriate responsible person associated with this activity, by my continued participation, I am acknowledging that the risks of injury from participation are acceptable to me. Further, if I am injured, become ill, or suffer any other personal loss while involved in this activity, I and my family hold harmless the Releasees and the persons given responsibility for the conduct of the activity and the rendering of services to me in association with my participation, excepting occurrences resulting from gross negligence and wanton intentional misconduct.
3. I give consent for the Releasees to provide medical and emergency medical services as warranted. If I choose to obtain these attentions and services from other than that provided, I accept full responsibility for such actions and their consequences. I further release the Releasees from any claim whatsoever on account of first aid, treatment or service rendered me during my participation in the above-mentioned activities.
4. I agree to abide by the instructions of the guide or other persons assigned to my sessions of Hunting, 3-D Archery, Digital Dart System, Sporting Clays and Shooting Range and the general rules of conduct prescribed for participation in these sports and for guests of the facilities.
5. Due to the loud noise and discharge of debris associated with shooting firearms, I understand that I MUST wear HEARING PROTECTION and EYE PROTECTION.
6. I understand that NO alcoholic beverages are to be consumed either before or during my sessions of Hunting, 3-D Archery, Digital Dart System Sporting Clays and/or Shooting Range. If alcohol use is suspected or observed, you will be asked to leave and not allowed to return.
7. I agree to assume financial responsibility for any health or other personal loss incurred while participating in the above-mentioned activities that is not covered by my insurance.
8. I attest and verify that I have full knowledge of the risks involved in the aforesaid activities and am physically fit and sufficiently trained to so participate.
9. I further expressly agree that the foregoing Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law in the State of Maryland and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. Likewise, I understand that if legal action is brought, it must be brought in the Maryland District or Circuit Court housed nearest where the incident occurred.
Shooting Range Policy
All patrons must check in at the office and have an update release agreement signed. Children are not permitted on the shooting range unless accompanied by an adult. Alcohol is not permitted on the Shooting Range. If alcohol use is suspected or observed, you will be asked to leave and not allowed to return.
1. Always: Keep firearms pointed in a safe direction,
2. Always: Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. Always: Keep your gun unloaded until you are at the firing line of the range. Firearms must be safe (unloaded magazines removed and actions open) when entering or exiting the range,
4. Cease firing: Immediately stop shooting when anyone calls “Cease Firing,”
5. Cold Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure firearms are unloaded. Actions open and firearms laid down on the bench before going down the range. No one is permitted to handle firearms or stand at the firing line while there is a cold range.
6. Hot Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure there is no one down range when the range is declared “hot” shooters are permitted to commence firing. Only shooters are permitted on the firing line. Shooters may move safe guns to and from the firing line only when the range is “hot,”
7. All shooters are responsible for their rounds staying within the confines of this range: Shooters may shoot only from the firing line at the target in line with their position. Shooting at items placed on the ground or at targets not posted at the appropriate height on the target frame enables rounds to escape the range,
8. Respect the range: Please place your trash into the trash receptacles. Trace, Armor Piercing, Incendiary, and Explosive ammunition is prohibited. Explosive Targets are prohibited. When going down range, stay in the range lanes to and from the targets. Access to the backstop and all areas outside the target lines are prohibited.
9. Respect Yourself: Wear eye and ear protection. Food, beverages and smoking is not permitted on the firing line. All shooters should wash their hands and face after shooting.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGEEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN ME AND THE RELEASEES, AND I HAVE SIGNED IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Part B – Parent/Guardian Consent
(if participant is under age 18)
I have been given the opportunity to explain to my son/daughter/ward, the aforementioned stipulated conditions and their ramifications, and I consent to his/her participation in Hunting, 3-D Archery, Digital Dart System Sporting Clays and/or Shooting Range and to the use of his or her likeness as set forth in part A under the above-stipulated conditions. I hereby do voluntarily release and discharge the Releasees from any and all suits, claims, actions, rights, demands, liability, damages, cost and expenses, of whatsoever kind or nature, arising out of, or connected with, my child’s participation in said activities.
Today's Date: February 29, 2024