Advanced Adventure SCUBA Diver
Registration & Agreement
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS WE WILL CITE THIS AGREEMENT.
1. I will attend the required 2 classroom session(s), and 5 group ocean dives of the Advanced Adventure Diver course.
2. The following SCUBA quality equipment is necessary: Full SCUBA, mask, snorkel, fins, booties, slate, signaling device, wetsuit and logbook for the completion of the course. All items must be either rented, inspected or purchased. Additional specialty equipment may be required for purchase based on chosen specialty dives.
3. After successful completion of the classroom sessions, a series of 5 open water dives are required to become certified. One local Boat Ticket for Deep/Navigation Training is included in the course cost. All other dives are beach dives unless additional boat tickets are purchased. Local Day boat trips are $85, and local Night boat trips are $95. Other specialty boat dives and international trips are available at an additional cost.
4. Important information is included in every class, pool and open water session. You must attend every session or your training will be incomplete. You must successfully complete a final evaluation in order to be certified as a scuba diver. The instructor, at their discretion, must make final judgment of competency to be a safe diver to earn the certification. Additional training may be required at an additional cost if the training requirements aren’t met.
5. I understand that there is a $35 non-refundable registration cost included in the price of this course. I also understand that if I cancel for any reason, the $35 registration cost is non-refundable. Additionally, once the course has started, OR if more than 30 days have passed from the original purchase date, there will be no refunds or credits on any course costs.
6. I understand that if I make any changes to my course schedule less than 5 days before the scheduled training date, it will cost $35 to reschedule to another training session.
7. It is important to move to each step of the diving course in a timely manner so the previous step is fresh in your mind. The classroom academic reviews must be completed within 60 days of sign-up date. Ocean sessions must be completed within 60 days of academic review. A $35 refresher will be required for those going beyond the 60 day period.
8. I understand that I have ONE YEAR to complete the entire training program from my first training date. If one year expires, I will have to repeat the entire course at an additional cost of $35 per training session.
9. For your safety and ours, SCUBA Network reserves the right to inspect all equipment you will be using in the pool or during open water dives PRIOR to starting any classes. At the sole discretion of SCUBA Network, any equipment deemed unsatisfactory or unfamiliar will not be allowed to be used. I understand that by not having equipment checked prior to the class sessions I may be turned away and be required to make up the session at an additional fee.
I have read this agreement. I understand it. I agree to be bound by it.
GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE AND EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Directions: Please read carefully, fill in all blanks and initial each paragraph before signing at bottom.
For (specify Course or Specialty at bottom of waiver) training program under sanction through SDI.
I hereby affirm that I have been advised and thoroughly informed of the inherent hazards of scuba diving activities
Further, I understand that diving with compressed air or oxygen enriched air (nitrox) involves certain inherent risks including decompression sickness, embolism, oxygen toxicity, inert gas narcosis, marine life injuries or other barotrauma/hyperbaric injuries can occur that require treatment in a recompression chamber. I further understand that the open water diving trips, which are necessary for training and certification, may be conducted at a site that is remote, either by time of distance or both, from such a recompression chamber. I still choose to proceed with such instructional dives in spite of the possible absence of a recompression chamber in proximity to the dive site.
I understand and agree that neither my Instructor(s) the facility through which I received my Instruction, FLL SCUBA, Inc. or Boca SCUBA, Inc dba "Scuba Network," International Training and Scuba Diving International, nor the officers, directors, shareholders, affiliated companies, employees, agents, or assigns of the above listed entities and/or individuals, nor the authors of any materials including texts and tables expressly used for training and certification (hereinafter referred to as “Released Parties”) may be held liable or responsible in any way for any injury, death, or other damages to me or my family, heirs, or assigns that may occur as a result of my participation in this diving class or as a result of the negligence of any party, including the Released Parties, whether passive or active.
In consideration of being allowed to enroll in this course, I hereby personally assume all risks in connection with said course, for any harm, injury, or damage that may befall me while I am enrolled as a student of this course, including all risks connected therewith, whether foreseen or unforeseen.
I further agree to save, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless said course and Released Parties from any claim or lawsuit by me, anyone purporting to act on my behalf, my family, estate, heirs or assigns, arising directly or indirectly out of my enrollment and participation in this course including both claims arising during the course or after I receive my certification even if such claims may be groundless, false or fraudulent.
I also understand that diving activities are physically strenuous and that I will be exerting myself during this diving course, and that if I am injured as a result of heart attack, panic, hyperventilation, oxygen toxicity, inert gas narcosis, drowning, etc. that I expressly assume the risk of said injuries and that I will not hold the above listed individuals or companies responsible for the same, and I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless said course and Released Parties for any such injuries incurred by me.
I understand that these activities may place me deeper than I am able to safely execute a free (without breathing gas) ascent from.
I understand that I may be required to furnish my own equipment and that I am responsible for its operating condition and maintenance.
I further state that I am of lawful age and legally competent to sign this liability release, or that I have acquired the written consent of my parent or guardian.
I understand that the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital, and that I have signed this document of my own free act. Further that I understand and agree that, in the event that one or more of the provisions of this agreement, for any reason, is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision hereof, and this agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision or provisions had never been contained herein.
IT IS THE INTENTION OF BY THIS INSTRUMENT TO EXEMPT AND RELEASE MY INSTRUCTORS ROBERT FOERSTER, JON LANDRESS, MEGHAN MUSSO, SHELBY BROWN, ERIK EISENBARTH, MELISSA WITT (AND OTHERS), THE FACILITY THROUGH WHICH I RECEIVED MY INSTRUCTION BOCA SCUBA, INC OR FLL SCUBA, INC, DBA "SCUBA NETWORK," THE TRAINING AGENCY SCUBA DIVING INTERNATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL TRAINING AND SCUBA DIVING INTERNATIONAL, AND ALL OTHER RELATED ENTITIES AND RELEASED PARTIES AS DEFINED ABOVE, FROM ALL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH HOWEVER CAUSED, OR ARISING OUT OF, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, WHETHER PASSIVE OR ACTIVE. I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS LIABILITY RELEASE AND EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK BY READING IT BEFORE SIGNING IT ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY HEIRS.
This document is required for all courses and Specialties taught under sanction by Scuba Diving International. No alterations, changes, omissions or revisions may be made.
September 21, 2023