Read this statement prior to signing it. You must complete this additional medical questionnaire to enroll in a diver training program or to participate in any diving activity. If you are a minor, you must have this statement signed by your parent or guardian.
DIVER MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE
The purpose of this medical questionnaire is to ensure that you are medically fit to dive. Please answer the following questions with a YES or NO. If you are not sure, answer YES. A positive response means that there may be a preexisting condition that could affect your safety while diving. If any of these items apply to you, we must request that you consult with a physician, preferably a specialist in diving medicine, prior to participating in diving activities.
The information I have provided about my medical history is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I agree to accept responsibility for any omissions in disclosing my existing or past health conditions.
I also commit to inform about any symptom that may arrive after having filled in this declaration and/or having come into contact with someone who has tested positive after signing the declaration.
ADDITIONAL DECLARATIONS / COVID-19
I WILL, if asked, wear a protective mask at all times while participating in the diving training / activities arranged by Flamingo DOS N.V. d/b/a Divi Dive Bonaire, and will take all reasonable preventive steps that may be recommended by Flamingo DOS N.V. d/b/a Divi Dive Bonaire, or any relevant public authority.
I WILL accept and observe all instructions by Flamingo DOS N.V. d/b/a Divi Dive Bonaire intended to abide by all existing regulations, required to help prevent the risk of transmission, including having my temperature taken prior to participating in any diving activities.
I ACKNOWLEDGE and ACCEPT that this declaration will be considered as my consent to Flamingo DOS N.V. d/b/a Divi Dive Bonaire to retain this declaration and disclose it to any relevant authority or service provider for the purposes of ensuring the safety of any third parties that may come in contact with me prior to, during, and after any diving activity.
COVID-19 shares many of the same symptoms as other serious viral pneumonias that require a period of convalesce before returning to full activities – a process that can take weeks or months depending on symptom severity (1).
MEDICAL RECOMMENDATIONS (2):
- Divers who have had symptomatic COVID-19, should wait a minimum of TWO months, preferable THREE, before resuming their diving activities.
- Divers who have tested positive with COVID-19 but have remained completely asymptomatic, should wait ONE month before resuming diving.
- Divers who have been hospitalised with pulmonary symptoms related to COVID-19, should, after a three-month waiting period, undergo complete
- pulmonary function testing as well as a cardiac evaluation with echocardiography and exercise test (exercise electrocardiography) to ascertain normal cardiac function prior to their return to diving.
- GENERAL RECOMMENDATION
• Divers and dive centers should observe strictly the guidelines for disinfection of diving gear (as issued by the diving federations and DAN Europe / Divers Alert Network).
- (1) Return to Diving Post COVID-19 - issued by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) in the USA.
- (2) Diving after COVID-19 pulmonary infection. A position statement of the Belgian Society for Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine (SBMHS-BVOOG).
The present is a sample of a Health Declaration Form that a dive centre or dive professional may want to adopt and submit to customers and students, before taking up any diving activity with them.
The Form has been developed by the DAN Europe Medical Division team, based on information available as of May 2020. The epidemiological situation is constantly evolving.As a result, this document may be subject to changes and updates.
Today's Date: April 1, 2023