TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF RENTAL GEAR
You must be 18 years or older to sign this form. If you are younger than 18, this form must be signed by your parent or your guardian.
This waiver must be signed prior to being allowed to rent any gear from THE EDGE ADVENTURE SPORTS PTY LTD. By signing this for, You (or your guardian on your behalf) agree(s) with Us that your use of our rental gear is subject to the following conditions ('Terms'):
In this waiver agreement, the term 'Rental gear' shall include, but is not limited to, bouldering crash mat(s), their carrying systems (straps), and/or any pad coverings, including those not provided by THE EDGE ADVENTURE SPORTS PTY.
In this waiver agreement the term "activity" shall include, but is not limited to, bouldering, mountaineering, rock climbing, mixed climbing, hiking, sport climbing, high altitude climbing, travel and general physical activities both indoors and outdoors.
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Rental gear may only be rented in person at THE EDGE, and may be booked with payment a maximum of 72 hours (3 days) in advance.
2. Rental fees must be paid in full at the time of the booking.
3. Rental gear may be picked up at any time on the first day you have booked for, and must be returned before 9:00pm weekdays and 5:30pm weekends on the designated return date.
4. In order to book Rental gear, a pre-authorised damage deposit of $100 must be made. This payment will be processed in full in the event of theft or damage to the Rental gear if found unusable. Late returns without clear communication to THE EDGE will be considered theft, and will result in the damage deposit being processed.
5. Any damaged to rental gear beyond the reasonable wear and tear will be subject to a fee of up to $50, this will be determined by THE EDGE staff based on the extent of the damage.
6. Late returns will be charged a Late fee of $15 per day for every day the Rental gear is withheld past it's booked return date, in addition to the daily rental booking fees of $25, $30 or $40,will be charged (depending on the mat rented) upon return.
7. Rental gear is to be returned in the same condition as received. A $20 cleaning fee may apply if Rental gear is returned with unreasonable dirt and/or debris.
8. Rental Gear should be treated with the same respect as you would your own gear. Please do not place bouldering mats in water or on any wet surfaces, and ensure that a waterproof barrier is placed between the mat and the surface the mat is being placed on. Keep mud and dirt off of the mats from shoes/feet, we recommend bringing a small towel to wipe feet on if the surface is muddy.
9. Any late fees or cleaning fees are to be paid in person at the time of return. Damage fees will be deducted from the damage deposit.
I have fully read, understood, and agree to the terms and conditions that apply to all Rental gear obtained from THE EDGE.
I understand that the bouldering mat(s) are only specified for use in bouldering, and that the Rental gear is not to be used as protection from falls from the following activities, including but not limited to, mountaineering, rock climbing, mixed climbing, hiking, sport climbing, high altitude climbing, travel and general physical activity both indoors and outdoors.
I understand that the protection offered by bouldering mats are not equivalent to the installed floor mats at the indoor facility THE EDGE.
I also understand that the use of bouldering mats does not guarantee protection from injury or death upon falling while bouldering outdoors, and is only one of several elements of risk mitigation.
I understand that it is my own personal responsibility to educate myself on the correct use of bouldering mats, in addition to other risk mitigation practices for outdoor bouldering, and that it is not the responsibility of the Released Parties to provide this information to me.
I also understand that if at any time during any activities if I feel discomfort or strain it is my responsibility to stop the activity and consult with my doctor. I willingly assume all responsibility for the risks that I am exposing myself to and accept full responsibility for any injury or death that may result from participation in any activities while in possession of any Rental gear obtained from THE EDGE.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS: I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES SOME, BUT NOT ALL THE RISKS OF THE ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH OUTDOOR BOULDERING:
1. Mountainous and steep terrain where a fall may cause injury or death
2. Falling rocks or other objects that may cause an injury or death
3. Uneven landing surfaces that may cause Rental Gear less effective, and may lead to partial or completely unprotected falls causing injury or death
4. Injuries caused by physical activity outdoors including but not limited to scrapes, bruises, strains, and fractures
5. Negligence on the part of the Released Parties, including failure by the Released Parties to take reasonable steps to safeguard or protect me from the risks, hazards and dangers of outdoor bouldering.
I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that the other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death. I understand that no amount of care cation, instruction or expertise can eliminate the inherent dangers associated with these activities.
I understand that THE EDGE reserves the right to refuse issue Rental gear to anyone that THE EDGE thinks may pose a health risk to themselves or others. I willingly take full responsibility for the risks that I am exposing myself to and accept all responsibility for any injury or death that may result from participation in any activities while in possession of any Rental gear obtained from THE EDGE.
I agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the law in force in the state of New South Wales.
December 7, 2023