1. Eye and Ear protection must be worn at all times in the firing ranges.
2. All State and Federal Laws must be followed.
3. Shooters must complete and sign the BEST SHOT release, waiver, hold harmless, indemnification, and assumption of risk agreement before using the Range
4. All shooters must wear a crew neck or button up type shirts (no low cut shirts) and close toed shoes.
5. All Range Staff commands must be followed immediately. When hearing the command, “Cease fire”, immediately stop shooting, remove your finger from the trigger and place it on the frame. Keep the firearm pointed downrange and wait for further instruction.
6. Customers are prohibited from removing a firearm from a holster or a case anywhere on BEST SHOT property, with the exception of the firing lanes. Customers will not be allowed to handle their firearms outside of the shooting stalls. Customers handling their weapons where prohibited will immediately be asked to leave the property. This rule will be strictly enforced with absolutely no exceptions.
7. If you wish to exit the stall but leave your firearm, the firearm must be left unloaded, pointed downrange and have a range supplied empty chamber indicator in place.
8. All firearms must be kept pointed downrange when unholstered or uncased. FAILURE TO CONTROL MUZZLE DIRECTION WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE FIRING RANGE.
9. No food or drink permitted in the firing range bays. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere inside BEST SHOT.
10. If you have a jammed or malfunctioning firearm, place the firearm on the bench with the muzzle pointed downrange before seeking assistance. DO NOT REMOVE THE FIREARM FROM THE SHOOTING STALL UNTIL RANGE STAFF HAS CLEARED THE WEAPON.
11. Patrons under the age of twenty-one (21), but at least ten (10) years of age, may shoot if accompanied by a person at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Members with an active military identification shall be exempt from the minimum age requirement of twenty-one (21).
12. No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is allowed on BEST SHOT property.
13. Tracer, armor piercing, steel core, steel cased, and military surplus ammunition is not allowed on the range. Verify that the ammunition you have is the correct ammunition for your firearm. Factory loaded ammunition is required. Hand loaded ammunition is not permitted. Range Staff has the right to inspect and prohibit any ammunition they deem as inappropriate for the firing range.
14. Only ammunition purchased from BEST SHOT will be allowed for use in rental weapons.
15. A maximum of two people may share one firing lane.
16. No one is permitted forward of the firing line for any reason unless under direct authorization from Range Staff. Brass falling forward of the firing line will not be allowed to be recovered. Other items, (magazines, ammunition, etc.) that fall forward of the firing line will remain where they fell until Range Staff is able to create a safe condition to retrieve the item(s).
17. Firing at anything other than your own target is prohibited. Customers who fire a shot that results in damage to range equipment will be held responsible for the cost of repair and may be dismissed from the range.
18. Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Place the firearm on the shooting bench and allow the other person to pick up the firearm from the bench.
19. Only one loaded firearm per stall is allowed at any time. Multiple weapons are allowed, but weapons not currently in use must be positioned on the shooting stall bench pointed downrange, unloaded and have a range supplied empty chamber indicator in place.
20. Use appropriately sized targets, placed at eye level, to ensure that your shots strike the backstop and not the floor, ceiling or target carrier. Range Staff has the right to prohibit any targets they deem unsafe or offensive.
21. Drawing from a holster is prohibited unless with permission from, and under the supervision of, Range Staff.
22. Firearms approved for range usage are handguns up to .50 caliber, rifles up to 7.62 x 39/.308 caliber and shotguns with slugs. No pistol grip only shotguns, firing from the hip, or multi-projectile ammunition (birdshot) will be permitted.
23. Rapid fire is not permitted.
24. Report all violations of range rules to Range Staff.
25. Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to use it safely. Please see Range Staff if you have any questions.
26. BEST SHOT recommends Pregnant and nursing women not enter the range.
27. BEST SHOT reserves the right to refuse service to any individual who we believe would endanger patrons or staff. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range.
28. Absolutely NO outside instructors are permitted to teach, instruct, or coach for financial gain without prior authorization of Best Shot Management.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN A REPRIMAND OR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE RANGE OR BEING BANNED.