Notice: This release form is a contract with legal consequences. Please read carefully before signing.
Prior to using Anacostia Riverkeeper (ARK) boats, equipment, and/or facilities, or otherwise engaging in activities organized by ARK, I hereby freely and voluntarily agree to the following representations, waivers, and agreements.
I know and understand that boating, fishing, picking up trash, sorting trash, and monitoring water quality are activities that entail both known and unanticipated risks that could result in personal injury, property damage, and death. I agree to assume these risks and release and forever discharge Anacostia Riverkeeper, their Officers, Board of Directors, Employees, and Agents, and all vessels and facilities owned and/or operated by Anacostia Riverkeeper (hereinafter “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, damages, claims, or causes of action, arising out of or in any way connected with participation in activities sponsored by the Released Parties, and to indemnify and hold forever - harmless the Released Parties from liability, damages, claims, or causes of action or brought by myself or by anyone on my behalf as a result of, or in any way connected with, my participation in boat tours, fishing, trash cleanups, or any other activity by/with the Released Parties.
I agree for myself, and for the members of my family participating, to the following:
1. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by the Released Parties or the employees, representatives or agents of the Released Parties, including wearing protective gear thus prescribed.
2. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above-described activity, attest that I and my family are physically capable of performing the activity, and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge the Released Parties for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of the Released Parties, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, the Released Parties, or other third parties.
3. I agree to indemnify and defend the Released Parties against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of the Released Parties
4. I agree to be photographed and recorded on video by the Released Parties, and/or their agents. I understand that these images and footage will be used in an appropriate and respectful manner. I confirm that these images and footage were taken with my knowledge and consent.
5. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under District of Columbia law.
6. I acknowledge that COVID continues to be a potential health threat and I agree to follow all local laws and regulations, as well as the policies of the Released Parties, pertinent to slowing the spread of COVID infections. I agree to notify ARK by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (202) 863-0158 within 24 hours of a positive test if I test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days following the event, so that other participants can be notified of possible exposure.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.