NOTE TO THE PARTICIPANT
Participation in any water related sport exposes the participant to certain risks and dangers. Accidents and injuries (both superficial and fatal) resulting from the forces of Mother Nature, malfunctioning equipment, unseen obstacles, fatigue, and your own misjudgment are a very real possibility.
Hillcrest Swim Club considers safety to be its utmost concern and as such, its staff includes individuals trained in lifesaving, C.P.R., and First Aid. The nature of swim clubs, however, makes it impossible to foresee and protect the participant from all conceivable dangers associated with water and swimming. Once the participant leaves the pool deck and enters the pool, he/she must be prepared to assume all risks associated therewith.
AFFIRMATION AND LIABILITY RELEASE
THE UNDERSIGNED CERTIFY THAT THEY HAVE READ THE FOREGOING PRIOR TO THE SIGNING THEREOF AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- I hereby affirm that I have been well advised and thoroughly informed of the inherent dangers of Swimming, Diving, Yoga, Aqua Zumba, Paddle Boarding, Snorkeling, and SCUBA Diving.
- I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Hillcrest Swm Club LLC, 2402 Hillcrest Road LLC, Eastern Marine Services Inc. T/A Eastern Watersports, PADI, and any other related organization and all staff of the same, from any and all liability for any harm, injury, illness, death, or damages (physical, mental, or monetary), regardless of fault or negligence, which may befall me while participating in this program or while using any facilities related to my participation in any event or activity on the property or in conjunction with Hillcrest Swim Club. This release shall be binding upon my family, heirs, and administrators.
- The undersigned hereby certifies that the participant (be it one’s self or dependent) is a proficient swimmer and agrees for the participant to be tested by Hillcrest Swim Club LLC staff to determine the participants level of swimming proficiency if requested. Participant agree to wear USCG approved life saving jackets if required by the staff.
- I acknowledge that I will be responsible for the property of Hillcrest Swim Club, including but not limited to the usage of chairs, tables, games, or any other items available at or provided by the pool. Any damage that occurs to property while I am using it, is my responsibility and I will be held liable for any damages exceeding my security deposit as well.
- I hereby agree to heed at all times the advice and instructions of Hillcrest Swim Club LLC staff and to practice common sense water safety procedures.
- The undersigned also agrees to hold harmless and waive any and all claims against any and all facilities in which these activities may take place including but not limited to Merritt Athletic Clubs, Eastern Marine Services, Inc T/A Eastern Watersports, The Chesapeake Experience, or its agents and employees.
- To the extent provided by Maryland Law, I also freely and voluntarily waive all claims for damages or loss to my person or property, or the person or property of third parties, that may be caused by an act, or failure to act, of Hillcrest Swim Club LLC, representatives of the same, 2402 Hillcrest Road LLC or its agents and employees, and release the Hillcrest Swim Club LLC and the 2402 Hillcrest Road LLC from any and all claims.
- I hereby agree to allow Hillcrest Swim Club LLC to use any and all photos of me during my participation in this and all future events in any and/or all of their marketing materials both on and offline without any additional consent required.
In consideration for my participation in this event and my participation in all future events with Hillcrest Swim Club LLC, I hereby sign and certify that I understand and agree to all of the above and that it is correct to the best of my knowledge.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
I agree to the following rules and regulations of Hillcrest Swim Club LLC. Failure to abide by these rules could result in ejection and loss of membership without refund. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests.
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members and have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS must observe them. The Hillcrest Staff has the authority to refuse admission. Any failure to comply with these rules will be sufficient cause for immediate suspension of pool privileges for the offending member and can be considered sufficient cause for withdrawal of swimming privileges. If pool privileges are forfeited for any reason there will be NO REFUNDS, We will charge the cost of any property damage to the responsible active member. We request parents to caution their children to observe all rules and obey the instructions of the managers, lifeguards and other employees. All persons using the pool & recreation areas do so at their own risk. The owners will not be responsible for any accident, injury, loss or damage to personal property.
1. EMERGENCY CLOSING
- Opening/ Closing times are subject to change by management, depending on weather conditions or occupancy in the pool. No member or guest shall be in the pool without a lifeguard present.
- Members are responsible for all actions of their guests.
- Guest Fees are as follows:
- Monday – Friday… $10 before 5pm & $5 after 5pm.
- Saturday & Sunday & Holidays… $15 before 5pm & $10 after 5pm.
- Children who have not reached their 13th birthday will not be permitted in the 12 ft. diving well until they have passed the following swim test:
- Swim two widths of the deep end of the pool
- Treading water for 90 seconds. Children who have successfully completed the above test must then notify staff in the office.
4. BABY POOL
- Use of the Baby Pool will be limited to children age 7 & under. Any child still wearing a diaper MUST use the Baby Pool.
- Children must wear water proof pants with elastic legs and waist, or a swimmer diaper.
- An Adult or Responsible teenager must accompany children always in the Baby Pool Area. Baltimore County Health Department Regulations require that: All children who have not outgrown the need for diapers, including “Swimmer Diapers” WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE MAIN POOL. Also, Arm Swimmees are prohibited.
- ALL Diaper changes must be done on the designated changing stations inside the restrooms not on the grounds.
- No running, pushing, wrestling or causing undue disturbance in the pool or pool area.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved Life jackets/Vests are allowed in the main pool with Adult Supervision.
- No ball playing in the 12′ section of the pool.
- No footballs or soccer balls are allowed in the pool. Only soft nerf style balls are allowed.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS of any kind are allowed in the pool or the pool area.
- The Diving Boards are rated for up to 250 lbs. If you weigh more then 250 lbs.– DO NOT USE THE DIVING BOARDS.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at one time; No diving until the previous diver has cleared the area below the boards and has reached the ladder, after diving please swim to the nearest ladder.
- Diving is permitted in a face forward direction only.
- No diving off the side of the pool in 5 ft. of water or less. Diving off the side in the 12 ft. section only is permitted.
7. GENERAL RULES
- No intoxicants may be brought on pool grounds, with the exception of Club Adult parties.
- SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED ON POOL PROPERTY. If you must smoke, please exit and smoke at the street and deposit butts into provided sand can.
- No skateboards, scooters or hard balls are permitted inside pool area.
- There is a zero tolerance policy on cursing or foul language.
8. VIOLATIONS OF RULES
- ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE RULES IS SUFFICIENT CAUSE FOR LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP WITHOUT A REFUND.
Today's Date: August 19, 2022