I desire to participate in the Rocky Mountain Pipeliners Club's Sporting Clay Event at Kiowa Creek Sporting Club, located at 46700 County Road 30, Bennet, CO 80102 on September 8th, 2023 ("Event"), sponsored by Rocky Mountain Pipeliners Club ("Club"). In exchange for the Club allowing me participate in the Event, and the benefits that I believe that I will gain from participating in the Event, I agree to the terms, conditions, and rules set forth in this agreement ("Release").
DESCRIPTION OF THE EVENT
1. I understand that the Event consists of the Sporting Clay shoot, which involves, among other things, the use of firearms for shooting clay targets and all related activities, and any associated travel and events, including any meals provided to Event participants.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF LIABILITY
2. I understand that the Event is potentially dangerous and may involve the risk of serious injury, death, and/or property damages to myself or others, and that any injuries that I sustain may be compounded by negligent emergency response or rescue operations undertaken or authorized by the Club. I am voluntarily participating in the Event with knowledge of the dangers and risks involved.
3. I hereby AGREE to accept and assume all risks of injury, death, or property damage, whether caused by the negligence of the Club or otherwise.
4. I also ACCEPT liability for all injury or damages I cause or contribute to during the Event.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
5. I hereby expressly WAIVE AND RELEASE any and all claims, actions, causes of action, or suits at law or in equity ("Claims"), now or hereafter known against the Club, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, members, sponsoring entities, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), that are related to any injury, death, or damage, including but not limited to property damage, and that arise out of or are attributable to the Event, whether arising out of the negligence of the Club, any Releasees, any other participants, or otherwise.
6. I AGREE not to make or bring any such Claim against the Club or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge the Releasees from liability under such Claims.
7. I SHALL defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Releasees against any losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, Claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including but not limited to attorneys' fees, fees and costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Release, fees and costs of pursuing payment or settlement from any insurance providers, fees and costs incurred by/awarded against any indemnified party, arising from any claim of a third party related to my participation in the Event.
ENFORCEMENT OF RELEASE
8. This Agreement supersedes any prior or contrary agreements with respect to the subject matter herein. If any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such unenforceability shall not affect the other terms herein. This Agreement is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Company and its successors and assigns.
9. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions, and any claim or cause of action under this Agreement shall be brought in the courts located in the City and County of Denver, Colorado and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such comis.
10. These Event Rules (the "Rules") DO NOT allow alcoholic consumption for shooters prior to completing the shooting course at the Event. Shooters, please be responsible for yourself and your team. Infraction will constitute immediate disqualification.
11. GUN ACTIONS WILL REMAIN OPEN AT ALL TIMES on club property EXCEPT when on post and shooter is ready to fire. When gun is loaded, keep gun pointed down range at all times. Gun actions will be open and shells removed when not on or during the changing of posts.
12. Guns will be fired ONLY from designated posts. Only ONE shell permitted in gun for singles events. Only TWO shells permitted in gun during doubles events.
13. If a gun malfunctions, keep the gun muzzle pointed down range at all times while opening the action.
14. "Backing up" missed targets is not permitted.
15. If the thrower requires repairs or reloading, the shooter is to open the action and remove shells while on post.
16. Call "PULL" loudly when calling for targets since shotguns will be going off throughout the course.
17. Trapper should release target or call "no bird" within 3-seconds after target is called. In case of a late target or a "no bird" call, shooter may recall for target when ready.
18. Scorers will announce "DEAD" or "LOST" targets after each pull and totals at each station. If there is a dispute over a call, the shooter and team captain must question the call immediately. No calls may be disputed after a change of stations. Please keep disputes to a minimum. The scorer makes the final decision on all disputes.
19. For true "Multiple Shooter" events, if either one or both targets come out broken, shooter may call for another pair and neither target from the first pair will count.
20. A shooter will NOT be allowed to make gun repairs while in the post. The shooter may use a backup gun or a team member's gun to finish the event. No choke changes are allowed once a shooter begins shooting on post.
21. Shooters must position both feet on the platform while shooting at each event.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE CLUB.
I acknowledge that this Release must be signed, dated, and delivered to a Club representative before I can receive authorization to participate in the Event.