PLEASE REVIEW PRIOR TO BOOKING TO UNDERSTAND RENTAL PROCESS
RENTAL REQUIREMENTS – You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license or state issued I.D. to rent an E-Bike or Mountain Bike. The license or state issued I.D. must be presented on the day of your rental. If you are unable to present your driver’s license or state issued I.D. on the day of your rental, you will not be permitted to operate the vehicle and you will forfeit your rental fee. As the renter, you assume responsibility for ALL damage that happens in your possession.
PASSENGERS – The primary renter assumes all responsibility for all parties involved.
HELMETS – Operator and passengers are required to wear helmets at ALL times. There are NO EXCEPTIONS!
HEALTH INSURANCE: A MUST HAVE! Due to the possibility of a crash and injury, it is recommended that all participants have adequate health insurance when riding any rental equipment. Capitol Prospecting, LLC DOES NOT provide any medical insurance.
SECURITY DEPOSIT - $200 per E-Bike and $100 per Mountain Bike.
All renters will be required to provide a security/damage deposit on the day of pick-up. The bank will release funds back to the renter within 7-10 business days provided there is no damage or fees acquired. It is the responsibility of all renters to make sure you have the funds available on your card for the day of the rental. If your card is declined you will forfeit your rental and no refund will be given.
An occurrence where the damage exceeds the security deposit the renter will be responsible for all additional costs. We will use our best efforts and resources to provide a fair estimate based on retail cost of parts, labor to order, shipping of parts, labor to install and lost rental time. The list of charges below is an example of the kinds of fees that may be incurred in the event of a loss. It is our policy to charge the credit card on file once the damage has been observed.
· Parts to repair damage to tire, rim, body of vehicle, and accessories
· Labor for repair
· Loss of rental income (If the unit is not able to be rented due to damage, loss or needed repairs)
· Recovery fee for vehicle
· Other accessories included but not limited to keys, locks, helmets, charge cords
· Weekday/weekend rentals begin at 8AM
· The person picking up the rental MUST provide a valid ID that matches to the reservation on file and a credit card with an available balance that can cover the damage/security deposit
· Capitol Prospecting, LLC and the Renter will perform a “walk around” together to inspect and take note and pictures of any damages/defects to the equipment prior to pick up for record
· Staff will orient all renters to all our equipment
· ALL equipment and accessories must be returned by 5:30PM
· Staff and the renter will perform a “walk around” together to inspect and take note and pictures of any damages/defects to the equipment
· We are aware that sometimes things come up and you will not be able to return from the ride in time. We strive to be accommodating as possible but with fat turnaround we also must keep our equipment ready to go out with its next rider but need your help in order to do so. Communication is key.
ABANDONMENT – If any equipment is abandoned the renter will forfeit their security deposit. All equipment must be returned to the facility that it was acquired at.
· $10 if the unit is brought back 30 minutes late (6PM)
· $30 if the unit is brought back 1 hour late (6:30PM)
· Full day rental charge if the E-Bike and/or Mountain Bike is brought back more than 2 full hours late (7:30PM)
Your reservation is reserved for rain or shine so plan accordingly. There is a 50% fee for all cancellations. NO EXCEPTIONS.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL?
The rental fee includes
· helmets for all riders
· bike locks for all bikes
· keys and charge cords for all E-bikes
WHAT IF I BREAK DOWN?
We are always available via telephone. Please call us and we will send someone out to your location. All of our equipment is well maintained, however, with that being said problems can still occur. Should this happen to you, you will only be charged a prorated amount for the hours as long as the problem is determined to have not been caused by the renter.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
· Water and snacks
· Bug spray and sunscreen
· Durable closed-toe shoes; open shoes are not recommended
· Several layers of clothing
· Rain gear
· Maps/GPS Navigation
By signing below, you are agreeing to all the terms required in this agreement
Today's Date: December 8, 2023
We hope you enjoy your ride. Stay Safe.