Safety Rules & General Advice
Your instructor will give you a safety brief before you start your adventure.
Important: Wild Wood Treetop Adventure and Wild Kids are high risk activities. You will minimise the risk by following the safety rules and advice. If you don’t follow the safety rules and advice you could have a serious accident, which could be fatal.
Wild Wood operates in almost all weather conditions. The only time we may close the course is in storm conditions when we will arrange for you to rebook at a later time. Please ensure you have suitable clothing for all conditions.
You are about to take part in a high risk activity. Approximately one in every thousand participants will require some form of minor first aid. You will be able to minimise this risk by following these safety rules and all instructions given to you by Wild Wood staff. If you don’t follow these safety rules you could have a serious, or even fatal, accident.
You must remain attached to the safety line at all times when off the ground.
Platforms: A maximum of 2 people can be on a platform at one time.
Obstacles: Only 1 person on any obstacle or crossing at any one time.
Zip Wires: Please take care when stepping off zip platforms to ensure you do not hit the platform you are leaving.
- Only 1 person can descend a zip wire at a time
- Check the landing site is clear before descending
- Never hold on to the zip wire cable
- Hold on to your yellow harness straps
- Keep your head away from and to one side of the zip wire and keep your feet pointing downwards
- Landing: If you land forwards, run as you land to slow yourself down. If you land facing backwards or sideways, drag your heels to slow down and don’t try to turn yourself around. An instructor will assist you upon landing
Before you Start:
- All participants must be at least 6 years old for Wild Kids or 11 years old for Wild Wood Treetop Adventure.
- Minimum height is 1m for Wild Kids and 1.4m for Wild Wood Treetop Adventure.
- Maximum weight is 130kg (20.5 stone)
- Long hair should be tied back, jewellery removed and shoes securely fastened.
- Any mobile devices such as cameras or mobile phones that you wish to take on the course must be attached to you at all times or kept secure in a pocket.
- No smoking is allowed within the vicinity of Wild Wood.
- An instructor will fit your harness and you will be able to practice using the equipment before you set off.
- Supervision: The practice area is the only place where you will receive direct supervision from an instructor. An instructor will ensure that you enter the course, exit the course and are correctly attached and detached from the Wild Kids, Wild Wood Treetop Adventure, Wild Drop and Wild Zip safely.
Whilst participating in any of these activities you will be responsible for your own decisions and those of any children under your supervision and in accordance with the Safety Rules.
In the event of any mishap, please shout “INSTRUCTOR” and a member of staff will assist you in the most appropriate way.
If any of the above is unclear or you have any questions, please speak to a member of staff immediately.
Acknowledgement of Risk and Conditions of Use
1. I wish to participate in Extreme Wild/Wild Kids/Wild Trials (“the Activities”) organised by Wild Wood Adventure (“the company”) during our pre-booked activity.
2. I am 18 years old or older.
3. I agree that I will undertake the Activities in accordance with the Wild Wood Safety Rules and General Advice together with the oral instructions & advice to be given to me before undertaking the Activities. In addition, I agree to wear my harness with safety lines, karabiners & pulley (“the safety system”) & ensure at all times that my safety system remains connected to the safety cables.
4. I understand that the Activities consist of a substantial and physically testing aerial obstacle course. I accept that there is a risk of injury when undertaking such activities.
5. I acknowledge that I am responsible for my own safety (and the safety of my possessions) while undertaking the Activities and have agreed to undertake the Activities without a guide for Extreme Wild/Wild Kids.
6. I certify that to the best of my knowledge I do not have a medical condition which might have the effect of making it more likely that I be involved in an incident which could result in injury to myself or others. To the best of my knowledge I am not pregnant.
7. In signing this form you agree to allow Wild Wood to use any photographs or videos taken of yourself or any attendees named below for any Wild Wood marketing material.
8. I am the parent or guardian of the child(ren) listed below and wish that/those child(ren) to participate in the Activities organised by the Company. I declare that if I am not the parent or guardian of the child(ren) I have authority from the child(ren)’s parent or guardian to sign this form of acknowledgement.
9. I agree that I am responsible for the child(ren) in my care and undertake to ensure that he/she/they undertake the Activities in accordance with the Written Safety Rules & Advice that I and he/she/they have received with this document together with the oral instructions and advice to be given to me and him/her/them before undertaking the Activities.
10. I acknowledge that I am responsible for the safety of our possessions whilst visiting Wild Wood.
11. In the unlikely event of an incident involving myself or the child(ren) listed below, or loss or damage to his/her/their personal effects, I acknowledge that the Company will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with the Activities (except for death or personal injury caused by the company’s negligence) and I waive all and any claims against the Company in this respect in respect of the child(ren) in my care.
12. I certify that the child(ren) do not have any medical condition (including pregnancy) which might have the effect of making it more likely that he/she/they be involved in an incident which could result in injury to him/her/themselves or others. (If in doubt, please check with the child’s parent or guardian).