This form acknowledges that the client has been given training on use, maintenance, rider safety and battery safety.
The client agrees to:
- Never charge your battery unattended.
- Never charge your battery in the living areas of a home or vessel (Bedroom, Livingroom, kitchen etc.) - Be mindful of what’s around your battery when you’re charging it. Chemicals, flammables etc. etc. - Store batteries when not in use at 25% or slightly less. This helps battery life and is safer for idle storage.
- Only charge your battery before you’re going to use it, meaning don’t let it sit fully charged for more than a day or so. Discharge them if you know they will be sitting for a few days without use. This helps with battery life as well as being a safe practice.
- Consider always using fire rated storage containers when storing at home or a vessel. Zarges is the solution that Lift Foils sells and is highly recommended.
- Always make sure to have the latest firmware updates provided by Lift Foils for all of your lift equipment.
- Inspect your battery and equipment for cracks, damage or signs of failure.
- Never charge batteries in direct sunlight.
- Let batteries cool at least 30 minutes prior to recharging.
- Battery fires are extremely rare, but please understand the potential of these batteries and safe practices!
- Watch this video first: “Battery Safety and Best Practices” from Lift Foils on Vimeo. The video is available for your viewing pleasure at https://vimeo.com/352766634
- The Vimeo links below are a collection of videos from Lift foils on maintenance, storage, and use of your Lift eFoil to best preserve your investment. This is the first video in the series on initial set up. It goes over charging and assembling your board. Just go through the series one at a time and it goes all the way through your first rides. Still worth a watch. https://vimeo.com/262868288
- Remote pairing sequence: https://vimeo.com/275277736 All other videos published by liftfoils are available here: https://vimeo.com/liftfoils
- You’ll find cool updates on advancements as well as how to upgrade \ update the firmware on your battery, remote and board. Though that board was likely manufactured very recently, it never hurts to check or learn the process.
By signing this, you agree that you have been given formal training on maintenance, use and safety. All Lithium Ion batteries carry a risk of fire although typically uncommon and rare, you have been advised to the dangers of such and \ or at your request, have been provided with safety equipment in the form of battery bags and or storage containers as mentioned above. These pieces of equipment are rated for fires up to a certain amount of time. It is your responsibility to maintain a safe charging environment and store these batteries following best safety practices. Fully charged batteries run a higher risk of fire when stored that way as they’re at their fullest potential. It is your duty to discharge the batteries by using the equipment until the batteries reach 25% or less. You may contact us or Lift foils with any questions. Finally, you agree to hold Luxury Surf Sports LLC harmless in the event of any such incidents, rider accidents, or general recklessness caused by use of the products sold.
February 20, 2024