Assumption of Risk, Waiver, Release from Liability and Photo Release
I understand and acknowledge that inherent risks and hazards may be present by participating in the activities, events, parties, experiences, and overall use of the facility known as Playforest LLC, located at 6032 SE Milwaukie Ave, Portland, OR 97202.
Such risks, for example, but without limitation, may include: illness, risk of loss, property damage, collisions with other participants and equipment, slipping, tripping, falling, bodily injury or harm, permanent disability, paralysis, and death.
On the behalf of the participant(s) under my care, that enter the space, as well as their executors, heirs, and successors do hereby acknowledge, understand, and agree to the following:
- Responsibility for Minor Participant - I hereby certify that I am the parent, caretaker, legal guardian, or responsible party of the participant who enters the premises with me and I have authority to waive rights on behalf of the minor participant. I understand that the employees of Playforest, LLC are not responsible for the participants who utilize the space and it is the responsibility of the undersigned individual to supervise any minors they bring into the facility.
- Health Statement - I and the children utilizing the space have no illness, or condition that will affect the health, or safety of other guests.
- Assumption of Risk - I understand that I, and the participants I am responsible for, named or unnamed on this document, are not required to use the space, and we do so voluntarily in lieu of the aforementioned potential risks, known and unknown, to me or my personal property, or to them and their personal property, and assume full responsibility for such hazards and risks by entering the facility and play area.
- Liability for Injury - Playforest, LLC shall not be liable for any injury, including but not limited to those resulting from the absence of adult supervision, as well as any child leaving the space without a parent, or caregiver.
- Security Camera Usage - I understand that the security cameras installed around and within the facility are for the safety of all participants and may be referenced should any incidents or injuries occur.
- Photo Release - I grant Playforest, LLC permission to use any photographs, video, or sound bites obtained of the minor(s)/child(ren) in my care at Playforest's facility for any legal use including but not limited to: publicity, copyright purposes, illustrations, advertising, and web content. Furthermore, I understand that no royalty fee or other compensation shall become payable to me or the minor(s)/child(ren) by reason of such use.
- Personal Health & Injury Costs - I understand that I am solely responsible for any medical, health, or personal injury costs relating to my use of Playforest, LLC and its facilities.
- Right to Refuse Admission - Playforest, LLC reserves the right to refuse admission at their discretion, and for any reason.
- Safety Rule Compliance - I agree that I shall comply with all posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions as conditions for participation and activities at Playforest, LLC.
- Termination of Use - I understand Playforest, LLC reserves the right to revoke or terminate my use of the facility for any violation of rules, regulations, verbal instructions, or policies. I understand that violating policies and guidelines may result in a forfeiture of any money paid towards the use of the space, without a refund.
- Rule Acknowledgement - I understand and agree to the safety rules and play guidelines as outlined on www.playforestkids.com. I agree to explain these rules to the minors under my care to the best of their understanding and further agree to enforce these rules for minors in my care. I acknowledge that these rules and guidelines may change and that I have read and am familiar with them prior to entering the play space and making use of the facility.
- Arbitration - All parties to this agreement agree to mediate, in good faith, any dispute prior to arbitration or litigation based on the laws of the state of Oregon.
As consideration for being allowed to enter the play area and participate in any parties, programs, and events offered at Playforest, LLC, I, the Host, agree to release, waive, discharge, and hold harmless Playforest, LLC , it's officers, agents, independent contractors, instructors, insurance companies, landlords, and all employees past or present from any claims, suits, liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses for any lost, stolen or damaged property, including court costs and attorneys' fees that may incur due to my participation in said activities and use of the space, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law, including all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses arising out of any actual or alleged (a) bodily injury, illness (including COVID19 and influenza), death, damage to property or other loss arising out of or in any way related to my use of the Playforest, LLC facility and equipment, including but not limited to the play space, retail areas, restrooms, parking area, land area, whether that use is supervised or unsupervised, however the injury, loss, or damage is caused, resulting or claimed to result, in whole or in part, from any actual or alleged act or omission of the Host or their guests.
I acknowledge that I have fully read, understand and agree to the terms of this document, all the policies, rules and guidelines connected with the use of the facility.
I hereby agree to be bound by the terms related to the Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release from Liability document.
I understand that by signing below I have given up substantial rights for myself and any minor for which I am responsible for that is entering the facility with me, whether named or unnamed on this document and am voluntarily signing this document without inducement.
February 6, 2023