Safety is the most important concern at this facility.
Any person using a firearm at FishHawk Sporting Clays must read, understand, agree, and sign the Range Rules as set forth below and sign the Release of Liability form prior to shooting.
GENERAL RULES FOR FISHHAWK SPORTING CLAYS:
1. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone using the shooting facilities at our sole discretion for any safety related reason, offensive behavior, poor attitude, or any other reason.
2. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or Legal guardian. If taking instruction, they may be on the range with a certified instructor, provided the parent is present. You are responsible for making sure any minor is aware of all rules and follows them.
3. I understand that by bringing a firearm to FishHawk Sporting Clays, or accompanying someone bringing a firearm, I am attesting that I am legally able to possess a firearm.
4. I must leave all weapons and ammunition in my car, gun rack or carrying case until registration is complete.
5. I agree to observe and follow all signs, rules, and regulations on the club premises.
6. I agree to obey the Range Master or Range Safety Officer (R.S.O) always and ensure that anyone accompanying me is always obeying the Range Master or RSO.
7. Eye and ear protection must be always worn when in the shooting area or any course, five stand, or trap field.
8. One gun allowed ONLY at a time per shooting station or lane.
9. Guns must be pointed down range at all times, including while loading and racking.
10. Guns must only be aimed at targets. Any individual aiming firearms at anything other than a target may be removed from the premises immediately.
11. No cross lane or cross station firing is permitted. Please fire at only the target in your lane or station. Any individual firing across lanes or stations may be removed from the premises immediately.
12. NEVER point a gun at another person.
13. Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to call for a target and shoot. Shooting outside of a station is strictly prohibited.
14. I agree not to enter wooded or restricted areas and agree to hold FishHawk Sporting Clays harmless and waive any claims against them if my failure to follow this rule results in any damage or harm to me or anyone that I am responsible for.
15. No shooting of wildlife on premises. Failure to follow this rule will result in my immediate removal from the premises.
16. All individuals must be courteous to other shooters on the premises. Courteous manners, appropriate clothing, and proper language are required.
17. Loaded firearms may not be passed from one person to another. If switching shooter, gun must be unloaded, with breech open and facing up and placed on the shelf.
18. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed on any range while shooting. Anyone under the influence, or appearing to be under the influence, of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to shoot and will be asked to leave the premises.
19. Observers are welcome, but must remain off the firing line at all times. All observers must complete the Release form and wear proper Eye and Ear Protection.
20. If at any time you observe unsafe practices on the range, you must notify the Range Master or RSO immediately.
21. The Range Master or RSO reserves the right to prohibit any firearm that is deemed unsafe, incomplete, or broken.
22. Any damage to golf carts, rental items, or other club property shall be disclosed to staff immediately, and proper action taken to remedy or pay for damage. In the event that FishHawk Sporting Clays must resort to court intervention/litigation to collect reimbursement by of any damages that I or my guest(s) have caused, I agree that FishHawk Sporting Clays is entitled to recover from me all reasonable attorney fees, costs and/or expenses incurred in doing so.
23. FishHawk reserves the right to eject or refuse future service to anyone who inappropriately handles a firearm or would potentially endanger the lives of our patrons or staff.
24. The security of personal firearms and equipment is the sole responsibility of the shooter and their guests. If any personal property is misplaced or stolen, you agree to hold FishHawk Sporting Clays harmless and waive any claims against them.
25. If I have or had ANY questions or concerns regarding any of the above information, or any other concerns not addressed within these Range rules, I agree that I have had my questions or concerns clarified and answered to my full understanding and satisfaction.
RULES SPECIFIC TO SPORTING CLAYS COURSE, FIVE STAND & TRAP FIELD
- Only shotguns are allowed on Sporting Clays Course, Five Stand & Trap Field. I agree to only use the following gauges: 12, 16, 20, 28, or 410.
- I agree to only use shells that are LOW BRASS GAME OR SPORTING CLAYS LOADS with a shot size NO LARGER than 7.5. I agree to show a course attendant my shotgun shells if asked to do so.
- Guests, visitors, and club members are not allowed to carry any weapons other than shotguns onto the Sporting Clays Course, Five Stand or Trap Field at any time. Law enforcement officers, licensed carriers, and staff members are exempt.
- All shotguns must always have the breach open while transporting, walking, or exiting the shooting stations.
- Guns must remain unloaded until you are in the shooting station with the barrel pointed out and over the front rail. The gun must be loaded and unloaded in that position. When leaving the station, the gun must be unloaded, and the breach open. Failure to follow any of these procedures may result in my immediate removal form the premises.
- There are only two shells allowed in a gun at any time while shooting.
- In the event of a gun “jamming”, the gun must be pointed out and over the rail, and you must call for assistance if needed. NEVER turn and point a jammed gun behind you at the shooting station.
- Shotguns must be properly held in the gun racks during transportation.
- Even if the gun is open, unloaded, and safety locked, it must still be always pointed in a safe direction.
- Only one shooter can shoot at a time at each shooting station. Inexperienced shooters must seek assistance from trained staff prior to shooting and shall volunteer to be under proper guidance.
- Target machines are dangerous! I agree not to approach or attempt to repair any target machine. If a target machine breaks down or is not working, I shall report it to staff or call the office. Phone number is listed at each station.
- Clean your area before departing. Buckets are provided for used shotgun shells at each station.
RULES SPECIFIC TO PISTOL AND RIFLE RANGES:
- Range Master or RSO MUST inspect all firearms and ammo before allowing you on to the shooting platform and will not enter the shooting platform until they have done so.
- Brass Ammunition is ONLY permitted on Range, and I will only use brass ammunition.
- Any firearm brought onto the premises must be unloaded and in a secure case or range bag prior to entering our facility. Owners are expected to understand how to properly operate the firearm, and ensure that it is in proper working order, as well as understand all safety features of the weapon, and will ensure that any individual(s) accompanying them will handle all firearms in a safe manner.
- If a jam or misfire occurs, and you cannot safely clear the firearm, you must place the jammed or malfunctioning weapon on the shelf, facing down range, and contact RSO immediately. If a misfire occurs, hold on to the firearm, keeping the barrel pointed down range for 30 seconds; unload the firearm and place the misfired cartridge in the “misfired rounds” bucket.
- No rapid firing, unless and until approved by RSO.
- When RSO calls the “RANGE COLD”, or “CEASEFIRE” all firearms must be immediately unloaded and placed on the table with actions open and facing up, and not touched unless cleared by the RSO. All shooters must then step back from the firing lane. Shooters may return to their firing lane ONLY after an RSO declared the “RANGE HOT” or “ALL CLEAR”. There will be no exceptions to this rule, and any violators will be asked to leave for the safety of other patrons.
- No one may enter the Target area without the permission of the RSO.
- There will be no smoking while on the shooting line.
- Well supervised children are welcome. When on the shooting line, there can only be one child per adult. Children 13 years of age and younger are free with a paying adult.
- Except for emergencies, cell phone use is prohibited while on the Range Platform. This includes photos and videos. Cell phone use in violation of this policy may cause you to be removed from the premises.
I have read and acknowledge the rules and regulations set forth by FishHawk Sporting Clays. I hereby certify that I am legally permitted to own and use firearms. I also agree to follow all other safety regulations directed by the staff at all times. I understand that the staff of FishHawk Sporting Clays reserves the right to immediately terminate any shooting activities for any violation or any safety reason. I hereby agree to hold harmless the owners, employees, and agents of FishHawk Sporting Clays for any and all damages or injuries however caused at this facility. This entire document also applies to any minor I have listed on this form.
Today’s Date: November 30, 2023